The creme-de-la-creme, the best of the best, the mat the UK are going crazy for– Marmalade Lion's signature washable Australian Wool Super Activity Mat is the most luxurious mat for your babies and kids, big and small!
Generously sized at 1.5m, our Super Mats are 50% bigger than our ever-popular Activity Mats and perfect for tea parties, afternoon kips, and active play-time!
Our premium 1.5m Super Mats have everything you expect from Marmalade Lion– comfort, washability, sustainability, durability and portability for indoor and outdoor fun.
Sustainable Australian wool makes this Super Activity Mat perfect for newborns and a darling keepsake. Gentle on the skin, comfortable and suitable for safe use indoors and outdoors, this mat will become a favourite in your baby’s routine and used by your family, for years to come.
This best-selling mat amongst UK influencers and new parents seeking style and versatility is the ultimate for ‘tummy time’, playtime and for babies learning to crawl. It can be used safely indoors and outdoors, in any season– rain, hail, shine, clouds, or grey thanks to our patented eco-friendly, TPU coating we call 'Expect-A-Spill'.
A non-slip backing and memory foam inner are key to the versatility of this mat. Crafting the product using high-quality materials ensures you can safely place your baby or toddler down on this mat without a worry, no matter what the surface is. Use in the nursery, bathroom, garden, the common or the beach!
Combine this mat with our array of interchangeable and machine washable mat covers in beautiful, hand-illustrated designs inspired by Australiana to change up the look of your mat in a minute!
You will love your Marmalade Lion premium Super Mat in our stunning washable Australian Wool. Read our amazing reviews to find out why!
• Activity mat is made from Australian wool meaning it’s breathable, antimicrobial and antibacterial; extremely gentle and non-toxic for a newborn’s sensitive skin
• Unlike other baby play mats that accumulate stains and smells, our mat covers can be removed and machine washed to be used again and again
• The thick, waterproof insert is crafted from memory foam meaning you can use this mat indoors and outdoors. The memory foam reacts to your child’s temperature, meaning it perfectly supports your bub and then bounces back to its original shape when not in use
• Our sustainable mats are crafted to last through multiple children. A long product life means less waste
• Waterproof, non slip backing means this mat is safe to use at the beach, outside and in the bathroom
• Our unique Expect-A-Spill™ non-toxic, eco-friendly waterproof coating means these mats are easy to wipe down, preventing constant machine washing
• There’s plenty of hand illustrated designs by local artists to choose from
• Comes in a reusable bag that you can repurpose
• 1.45 metre in diameter
• 50cm x 33cm x 33cm when folded into bag
Please click here for care instructions.
Unlike synthetic fibres, natural Australian wool is known to shed initially. It is important that you DO NOT vacuum the mat. Instead, take it outside and shake the excess fibres out whenever you notice the product needs it.
Australian Washable Wool Super Activity Mat
We have given the mats as presents to a couple of family and friends. They are easy to wash and create lovely soft surfaces for baby and toddlers.
I bought the small wool playmat when I had my first bub and it was perfect, but was a bit too small for the toddler and second baby. Bought this one and it’s fab! All three of us fit on it, and it’s super comfy.
I went with wool covers because I love the fibre, and because they’re neutral and go with everything. I find the wool can be a bit warm at times (I have the pram liner too), warmer than the other covers- my sister has a printed one. Would love to see some more neutral/plainer designs of the cotton covers, as I’d like one but all the designs seem a bit loud for me. They’re beautiful, but just don’t fit with my aesthetic.
Other thing to mention is that while I haven’t noticed it over time, my small playmat has definitely changed with all the washing. It’s not a problem and definitely still looks great, just different to the new one. If you’re a sheep person, it looks a bit like weaner tips compared to the plush look of the brand new one. I personally like they look of my older one better.
Absolutely recommend this beautiful big playmat, and it’s smaller sister!
I had been looking for months for a large mat to have in my lounge big enough for my twin babies that was tasteful and not too bright that would last as the babies grew and would also be comfy for my older two children (7 and 5) to lay on and read or watch TV. It has been the only thing I've found like it and it ticks all the boxes. It has beautiful soft fabric, I love the interchangeable covers and how soft the wool cover is (which I look forward to using in winter) and the mat insert is lovely and soft. Such a beautiful product which I think I'll get years of value from. I can't fault it. Everyone that's seen it has loved it and asked me about it too.
My sister and I both have our own play mats with our newborns. They’re constantly used, whether at home or visiting friends.